Visitors to Canada insurance offers protection against the chances of facing an unexpected emergency illness or accidental injury during your stay in the country. If you are planning to visit Canada or you are already here for purposes like studying, job opportunities, or simply for exploring the beauty of this country, it is crucial to register for visitor visa insurance. If you have your parents, wife, and kids visiting, it is more than vital to get health insurance for visitors to Canada
In Canada, medical costs can be financially draining if you or your visiting family member are not insured. Medical protection is a necessity, especially when you are abroad. Therefore, Insurance4u urges everyone to get visitor visa insurance to Canada when they plan a trip to this full-of-opportunities country. For your convenience, Insurance4u is here to offer affordable coverage and gives you the freedom of buying contemporary visitor insurance packages online, which will save you time and money.
For the Super Visa application, it is mandatory to own a visitor to Canada medical insurance. Moreover, it is also a requirement for the International Experience Canada (IEC) visa procedure.
Visitors to Canada health insurance offers affordable emergency medical coverage if the visitor meets an accident or develops a sudden illness. It is true that medical services in Canada are not as expensive as in the US, but healthcare can be costly for visitors who are not insured. If you are not a medical insurance policyholder, unaffordable medical bills can catch you off-guard. When you are a policyholder for medical insurance for visitors to Canada, Insurance4u will protect you from suffering any substantial financial setbacks that can come along with a major illness. Apart from that, we also provide for extra coverage like sending a family member to visit or stay with you in the hospital, emergency transfer to your country of origin/citizenship, or out-of-pocket expenses for attending a sick travel companion in the hospital.
All visitors to Canada insurance policies differ from one another and greatly depend on the language used in the contract. To give you an example of how much a visitor health insurance in Canada covers, below is the list of benefits that an insured individual can take advantage of:
(1) Emergency Hospitalization: The insurance company will pay for everything from hospital accommodation, like semi-private rooms to reasonable services and supplies mandatory for your emergency care when you are admitted to a hospital as a patient. These services also include medication or drugs prescribed by your physician.
(2) Emergency Medical Services: The insurance company will pay for all the services, including supplies and treatment from a certified health practitioner during your stay in Canada. The only condition is that the health official can not be related to you by blood or marriage.
(3) Prescription Drugs and Medicines: A visitor medical insurance in Canada will cover the expenses that concern drugs and medications prescribed by a health care professional. A cost of $1000 is accustomed for medications that are required to stabilize a medical condition that you developed before your trip with a 30-day supply.
(4) Ambulance Services: The insurer will provide the policyholder with the means of using a licensed local land, air, or sea ambulance. It includes mountain and sea evacuation as well to the nearest hospital whenever necessary.
(5) Emergency Dental Services: A visitor visa insurance for Canada from Insurance4u will reimburse a sum of $4000 for emergency dental services that include treatment for injured whole or sound natural teeth due to damage caused by an accident or as a result of a direct injury to the face. The treatment for the dental emergency must take place within the first 48 hours of the claim and should be completed within the policy period and prior to your return to your country of origin/citizenship.
(6) Repatriation: If you die as a result of covered sickness or injury in Canada as visitors to Canada insurance policyholder , the insurer will reimburse:
(a) An amount of $10,000 for the preparation and return of your dead body in standard transportation back to your country of origin/citizenship.
(b) An amount of $5000 for the cremation and burial services at the place of death.
However, the cost of the coffin, urn, and funeral is not covered by the insurance policy.
(1)Transport Services for Family and Friends: If you are visiting the country alone, the insurer provides a sum of $3000 to cover the transport cost of up to two companions, that could be anyone from your family or close friends via round-trip economy class if:
(a) You are admitted to the hospital due to a covered sickness and the attending health care professional advises that your family members should be by your side.
(b) The local authorities need the attendance of your family members to identify your remains in case of an accident.
Tips for a safe visit to Canada as an insurance policyholder:
(1) Make sure that the travellers have their visitors to Canada insurance before they leave for the country so that there is no waiting period for the coverage.
(2) If two travellers are visiting Canada together, avoid putting both the names on the same policy. It is always best to get individual policies to avoid future complications.
(3) Always use a small deductible to reduce the cost. As a smart insurance policyholder, you should use the benefits for major financial setbacks, not the minor ones.
(4) If you want to know more about the difference in policies, you can always contact the professional insurance advisors team of Insurance4u by giving us a call.
Get a Quote: Use our online calculator from the Visitors Insurance Calculator to see the prices from all the Canadian Insurance providers we work with. You will get a list of all the quotes with different deductible options. Note that the Deductible/Excess is the amount of money that has to be paid by yourself before the insurance company pays out the rest, in case of a claim.
Select a Plan: Choose the quote that you like and click on the "Plan Details" button for the insurance plan you have selected. You will be re-directed to a webpage, where you can review coverage details for the particular Visitor Visa insurance policy.
Review the Coverage: Read the Summary of Benefits, Eligibility Requirements and other information outlined on the webpage. Once you have finished learning about the offered medical insurance for visitor visa insurance in Canada, you can click on the "Buy Now" button to begin your on-line application.
Application Form: In order to complete an application form to purchase your Visitor Visa insurance, all you need to do is to provide some basic personal and contact information. Once you have completed the application form, you will be contacted soon for further process.
Each Visitors Insurance plan is slightly different from one another. Yet, the summary of health benefits below outlines what is covered by all the plans we offer.
Note that a medical examination is not required for purchasing this type of health coverage.
The Visitors Insurance plan provides up to $300,000 worth of insurance coverage for non-Canadians working in Canada. This plan is available to visitors aged 69 or younger, and is ideal for an employee, who is not eligible for group coverage as a result of not being enrolled in the provincial health plan.