An Overview of Benefits
|Eligible For||Super Visa, Visitors, New Immigrants, Foreign Workers, Returning Canadians and IEC / Working Holiday|
|Coverage Amounts||$30,000 / $50,000 / $100,000 / $150,000 / $200,000 / $250,000 / $300,000|
|Dental Repair Services||$4,000|
|Dental Pain Relief||Up to $600|
|Maternity Benefits / Pregnancy Coverage||Up to $3,000|
|Services of a Physician|
|Emergency Medical Treatment|
|Ambulance Transportation and Services|
|Laboratory Diagnostics / X-Ray|
|Prescription Drugs||Up to $10,000 / 30-day supply|
|Services of a Private Duty Nurse|
|Follow Up Treatment||$3,000|
|Return of a Vehicle||Up to $2,500|
|Services of chiropractor, physician, surgeon, etc.||$500 per practitioner|
|Emergency Air Transportation|
|Return of Deceased||$12,000|
|Return of Insured Travelling Companion||Cover economy class ticket cost|
|Family Transportation||Cover economy class ticket cost|
|Single Dismemberment||Up to 50% of sum insured|
|Expenses for a Family Member||$100 per day|
|Out-of-pocket Expenses||Up to $2,000 / $200 per day|
|Child Care||Up to $500 / $50 per day|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||$25,000 for Air Flight / $25,000 for 24-hour Accident|
Changing the Effective Date
If you feel the need to modify the start date of your TuGo insurance Canadacoverage, you can always get in touch with us and request a change. The date can be changed if you choose to change the travel plans. All that you need to do is connect with our insurance advisor at your earliest and provide all the details that include your policy number and the new desired effective date. You also need to make sure that the date changes are only possible before the coverage starts.
TuGo does not attach a waiting period with any individual provided that the policy is purchased before coming to Canada. If that is the case, your coverage will start at the departure date from your home country, when you’re coming to Canada. The entire duration of the mentioned trip to Canada should not go beyond 7 days.
However, if the insurance is bought after arriving in Canada, the policy will be subject to a waiting period. In this case:
● A 48 hour waiting period is given for sickness, but injuries do not come in this if the policy was bought within the first 2 months after arriving in Canada.
● A 7-day waiting period is given for sickness and illnesses (not injuries. This is applicable if the policy was bought after the first 2 months of the arrival date in Canada.
An important thing to consider here is that all expenses regarding sickness that develops during the waiting period will not be covered in this insurance plan even if these expenses are experienced after the waiting period has come to an end.
You must note that all information about the eligibility requirements, health benefits, refund policies, and waiting period are comprehensively mentioned in the policy wording document.
Side-trips insurance benefits are also given to visitors who come to Canada and are traveling across the world. TuGo covers all the health expenses for emergencies that happen outside Canada. However, the home country or any other country where you are covered by a government medical plan will be excluded.
In order to enjoy the side-trip benefits, you should physically be present in Canada for more than 50% of the entire duration of coverage period by TuGo.
The Trip break benefits in the TuGo travel insurance are given to visitors coming to Canada. Anyone who decided to go for a visit to their country of origin can avail of this benefit. Trip break benefit enables you to return to Canada and go back to your country of origin without breaking the insurance coverage. However, it must be noted that TuGo will not compensate for any medical expense incurred in the home country.
Policy wording is an official document that provides a lot of details about the insurance coverage along with exclusions, limitations, the different types of refunds, claims submission, and other procedures. You must read this document very thoroughly before purchasing the policy.
You can be deemed eligible for receiving medical emergency coverage by TuGo, only if:
● You are more than 14 days old and have not crossed the age of 90 when applying for the TuGo travel insurance policy.
● You are legally allowed to enter Canada as a tourist, foreign worker, an immigrant, or returning Canadian who is not eligible for provincial coverage or government insurance while entering Canada.
● Medical costs you face happen because of sudden emergencies
● You did not travel against the recommendation of the doctor
● You aren’t diagnosed with any terminal disease.
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Coverage:
TuGo provides coverage for pre-existing medical conditions for any visitor coming to Canada. However, these circumstances should be met:
● For applicants that are 69 years of age, there is coverage for pre-existing medical conditions that have been stable for a minimum of 120 days right before the start date of the insurance policy. This will be automatically included in the plan without any extra cost.
● For applicants that are aged 70 to 79 years, they will have to complete the full medical questionnaire in order to ascertain their eligibility for stable pre-existing medical conditions coverage. If these people are deemed eligible, they will be given the option to include the coverage for pre-existing medical conditions that have been stable for a minimum of 120 days right before the start date of the insurance policy. However, the additional premium will have to be paid.
● For any applicant that is 80 to 89 years of age, there is no coverage available for any pre-existing medical conditions.
It must be noted that no premium refunds are available if the claim is in process, or is going to be submitted.
Full Premium Refunds:
Visitors can avail of full premium refunds if they haven’t traveled to Canada. In such a case:
● A full premium refund is available, but the request for compensating the amount should be given before the effective date mentioned on the insurance policy. There are no additional fees.
● A full premium refund is given if the request for refund is received after the effective date of the policy but under the 10 days of buying the insurance policy.
● A full premium refund is available when the request is received after the effective date of the policy and it should be after 10 days of purchasing the policy. However, this should be under 30 days after the effective date and before the expiry date of the policy.
● In case the super visa application wasn’t accepted, a 100% premium refund will be available if the request is received before the effective date mentioned on the policy.
Partial Premium Refunds:
You can get partial premium refunds if:
● Your request for a refund because of early departure to your country of origin and is at least 45 days prior to the expiry date of the policy.
● You are eligible for the provincial medical plan health plan while also being covered by TuGo insurance.
Any partial refund will come with an admin fee. It is also to be noted that all refund requests should be received by TuGo before 30 days from the date of becoming eligible or covered by the provincial government health plan.