An Overview of Benefits
|Benefit||Essential Plan||Premier Plan|
|Eligible For||Super Visa, Visitors, New Immigrants, Foreign Workers, Returning Canadians and IEC||Super Visa, Visitors, New Immigrants, Foreign Workers, Returning Canadians and IEC|
|Coverage Amounts||$25,000 / $50,0000 / $100,000 / $150,000||$25,000 / $50,0000 / $100,000 / $150,000|
|Diagnostic, Laboratory & X-Rays|
|Therapeutic Equipment Rental & Purchase|
|Prescription Medications||30 day supply – $1,000||30 day supply – $1,000|
|Emergency Dental Repair||Injury $2,000 / Non-Injury Pain $300||Injury $4,000 / Non-Injury Pain $500|
|Repatriation of Remains||$10,000||$16,000|
|Cremation/Burial at Destination||$4,000||$6,000|
|Identification of Remains||Round-trip Air + $450 Expenses||Round-trip Air + $450 Expenses|
|Follow Up Visits||$1,000||$3,000|
|Repatriation / Evacuation|
|Pre-existing Medical Conditions Coverage||1 Visit|
|Paramedical Specialists Services||$500 / Category|
|Accommodations & Meals||$150 / Day, Maximum $1,500|
|Hospital Stay Allowance||Up to $250|
|Return of Baggage & Personal Effects||$500|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||$100,000|
|Waived Deductible||First $250 of deductible will be waived when hospitalized for 72 consecutive hours||First $1,000 of deductible will be waived when hospitalized for 48 consecutive hours|
Side Trip Benefits
One of the great things about Travelance insurance is that it covers all medical emergency costs you might incur anywhere other than Canada. However, if you’ve remained in Canada for more than half of your policy duration before submitting a side-trip claim, this plan will not be available for your origin country. The maximum time for every side-trip is 45 days consecutively, provided that it starts in Canada.
An important thing to note here is that if you want to visit your residence within the coverage period, you will need to terminate your Travelance policy and buy a new one when you plan to come back to Canada.
The Option To Change Effective Date
The effective date is defined as the start date of your insurance coverage. With Travelance Insurance Canada, you have the option to change this date if you need to. Get in touch with our advisors before your coverage starts. This service comes with no additional costs.
However, you will incur an administration fee of $50 if you choose to change the effective date after the coverage has started.
Coverage For Traveling To Canada
Travelance provides a plethora of unique benefits you won’t find in many other Canadian insurance companies. For instance, with Travelance, you can have your health insurance coverage start from the day you depart from your country of origin for Canada, given that the travel time does not go past 48 hours
It’s important to know that no waiting time will be given with the Travelance insurance policies that begin on the departure date. The waiting period applies in the following cases:
● A 24 hour waiting period is given for injuries.
● The 48 hour waiting period applies for sickness. However, this applies only if the insurance starting date begins after the departure date within a month.
● A 48 hour waiting period for sickness is also given if you choose to continue medical insurance coverage through an existing policy without gaps in the coverage.
● If your insurance beginning date comes 30 days ahead of the actual departure date, you will get a 7-day waiting period.
When you purchase Travelance visitor insurance, you’ll get an official document provided by Travelance, called the Policy wording. This document comes with all the details of the benefits offered by insurance, the coverage limitations, exceptions, refund policies, claims, and more information.
Make sure you go through this document thoroughly to get rid of any ambiguities regarding medical insurance coverage the Travelance provides for people coming to Canada.
Eligibility Requirements It
It is vital to confirm that you’re eligible for Travelance insurance before you buy the policy.
Following are all the eligibility requirements:
● You are ineligible if your doctor has prescribed against traveling for a certain medical condition.
● You should be above 14 days and younger than 86 years of age during the whole period of coverage.
● Aneurysm or the enlargement of arteries is proven to be fatal. If you have this problem, and it’s surgically untreated, you’re ineligible.
● You should not be living in a nursing facility or needing help to carry out daily life activities. If so, you’re ineligible.
● If you have a lung problem or any other medical condition that has required the use of oxygen for the past 1 year before the commencing date of your insurance, you’re ineligible.
● If you’re carrying any chronic and major illnesses, like a heart disease, AID/HIV, kidney failure, Alzheimer’s, liver cancer, any other cancer, or you need an organ transplant, you can’t be eligible.
● You should be eligible for provincial health benefits. In case you’re not, you will be ineligible.
Coverage For Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
You can only have already-existing medical conditions covered with the Travelance premium plan. This includes:
● Visitors falling under the age of 69 having pre-existing medical issues. Pre-existing medical coverage will be provided if they were in a fine state in the last 6 months prior to the e /ffective date of the policy.
● Pre-existing medical coverage is also given to people falling in the age bracket of 7-79 if they were in a fine state in the last 6 months prior to the effective date of the policy. However, for people of ages 70-79, pre-existing medical issues will not be covered if:
● They have any heart condition
● They have any brain condition
● They have any lung condition
For people aged above 80, there will be no coverage for pre-existing medical conditions if the policy was bought at the time when they were above 80.